This executive position is key to the fellowship of our society. You provide a welcoming atmosphere for members and guests alike. The society provides refreshments through the generous donations of members who are served coffee and tea at each of our meetings. Four or five members are asked to donate and prepare and bring food for each meeting. This is all prepared and ready for the members to enjoy at the conclusion of the evening and provide time to speak with the monthly speaker.
Duties required for 8 months of regular meetings and 2 months for special events from September – June of each year:
- Purchases supplies-monthly (milk and cream) and as needed (coffee, tea, sugar and napkins). Note: Tote provided for all supplies
- Sets up table for refreshments and prepares coffee and tea to be served at the conclusion of meetings.
- Oversees set up of food, napkins etc. for the meeting.
- Organizes and purchases food and supplies for Strawberry Social in June and the caterers for the Holiday Dinner Party in December.
- Keeps a record of expenditures and revenue from
- donations and makes a head count on a monthly basis
- Attend monthly executive meetings-1st Wednesday of each month. Report record for monthly minutes.
Time required to perform duties:
- 1 hour for shopping for an regular monthly meeting – more if there are other purchases needed. June is a special event so there is committee support for the purchasing of supplies, if help is required. Executive members help with the set up and take down.
- Time required for contacting caterers and arranging for the Christmas and Holiday
- Dinner. This event is organized by the Executive. Set up and take down prepared by Executive members.
- 6:30 p.m. it is ideal to be on hand early to begin preparations. (meetings begin at 7:30 p.m.) Members that are bringing food will deliver it to the kitchen to be set out. You can organize helpers for each meeting.
- Once members have left the meeting, everything must be taken down and cleaned up. The table has to be cleared and cleaned. Hand wash any dishes that need to be cleaned and put away. Distribute any leftover food that remains to the member who brought it. Clean up kitchen and put back supplies in the social tote supplied. Remove garbage (Wallace Hall requires us to take our garbage away) and wash tea towels at home.
If this position interests you, please contact the Society at r.hillsoc at gmail.com
JOIN THE SOCIETY’S EXECUTIVE TODAY!